An interlock is an alcohol measuring device (breathalzyer) with a vehicle immobiliser. The settings on the device make the person unable to start the engine if a reading above a set limit is produced from a breath test.
There are many benefits to an interlock system for personal and company use.
– Reassurance that impaired judgement from drinking will not persuade you to drink and drive
– Complete security that you will not loose your license to drink driving
– Costs and possibly employment saved from not losing your licence
– Security that a loved one will not be impaired while on the road (if bought for someone else)
– Assistance in helping you, or another, in overcoming alcohol addiction.
– Reassurance that your drivers are fit for duty
– Compliance to your duty of care to your employees and the public
– Decreased property damage due to impaired drivers
– Security when you are not always aware of what your drivers are doing
– Helping create safer roads
Both devices are configured to your personal requirements;
What limit do you want to be set?
Do you want the car/device to alert you after a few hours driving for a re-test?
How many minutes do you want to be able to stop the car for without a retest, for example when filling up with fuel?
How does an interlock work?
The Interlock consists of two components – the breath alcohol measuring device and the control unit. Before the engine starts the device requests the driver to give a breath sample. The measuring result of the breath alcohol concentration determines whether the control unit releases the starter of the vehicle and the engine can be started.
Is it reliable and accurate?
Both devices comply with the European standard EN 50436-2. Its accuracy is comparable to that of a police breathalzyer.The electrochemical sensor specifically measures alcohol, which ensures that other exhaled substances do not distort the measurement results.
To purchase an interlock 5000 we need to arrange a few things with you first. Please call our sales team on 0208 454 7372.
The fitting of the interlock is not included in the price. This needs to be arranged by yourself, with the help of our team. A local mechanic specialising in car alarms and immobilisers are usually capable of fitting the device. Costs range from £90 – £200 depending on the mechanic and car.
Included in the price is all the personal settings you require. We will send out one of our technicians to configure the device to your needs.