With the Dräger DrugTest® 5000, a drug test is carried out simply and quickly, allowing no room for human error.
This desktop device is an onsite digital testing system for the qualitative detection of amphetamines, designer amphetamines, cocaine metabolites, opiates and cannabinoids in oral fluid samples. As the first opto-electronic analyser available for portable and onsite use, it allows instanttest results to be obtained by company personnel, eliminating costly medically-supervised testing for routine screening. The collected saliva sample can be analysed immediately – for accurate results on the spot.
Reliable drug screening
The system can detect the following up to eight substances / substance classes with predefined detection limits:
- Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC (cannabis))
Drug test with sampling and analysis all in one
The system consists of the test kits; Dräger DrugTest 5000 Test Kit, and of the analyser; Dräger DrugTest 5000 Analyser. For every type of industry and application, the system provides you with everything you need for the first screening. You know, on the spot, if a person is influenced by drugs.
Ready-to-use immediately with the test kit
The Dräger DrugTest 5000 test kit provides you with a ready-to-use sampling system. You want to check a suspected person? Just remove the cover and hand the test cassette over to the person being tested and they then collect the sample themselves.
Hygienic and painless saliva (oral fluid) sample collection
The subject moves the top part of the collector briefly back and forth between their cheek and gums until the integrated indicator signals the end of the sampling by a blue discolouration. This usually takes less than one minute. The subject then returns the encapsulated cassette to you – thus ensuring no contact with the saliva sample.
Easy and safe operation – even under adverse conditions
The analyser is controlled with just three keys and is menu driven – simply follow the easy to understand instructions.
Automatic analysis for fast results
Detection of possible drug use begins immediately after collecting the saliva sample. Just slide the test cassette and the cartridge into the Analyser and the analysis will run automatically. The result will display after a few minutes.
Clear results with no room for interpretation
The measured result is displayed in plain text on the screen; misinterpretations are therefore nearly impossible. More details can be added to the results with an external keyboard (available separately), stored or directly printed via the Dräger Mobile Printer (available separately).
Additional advantages of the Dräger DrugTest 5000:
- high degree of conformity with blood samples and the detection limits valid in Germany (confirmed by a field test by the German Police University)
- extremely low detection limit for THC as the main active ingredient of cannabis
- easy to use even with safety gloves
- operates via 230 V voltage or 12 V vehicle power supply
- easy to transport, weighs 4.5 kg (option available with carrying bag or a robust transport case)
- different configurations available (depending on model, several substances can be detected at the same time)
- can be used at temperatures between 4 °C and 40 °C
- can be stored in original package without any deterioration at up to 30 °C